Automatic control system of rolls cooling is an important part of a created general concept and computer aided design systems of rolls cooling in wide strip hot rolling mills. It provides a specified level (not higher than 65-75 ° C), the stabilization of of work rolls temperature in strips rolling of various sizes, as well as safe mode of rolls heating. As a result, this provides a significant reduction in wear and increase service life of rolls - the most expensive replacement elements of WS HRM.
Distinctive features of the developed control system of rolls cooling are:
- use in calculations of the complex the most important factors influencing the temperature of the rolls, as well as the original system to adapt the mathematical models;
- continuous monitoring of rolls temperature in the mill at any time between rolls changes;
- accounting influence of technological lubricant supply and inter-stand cooling;
- calculation of the coolant volume supplied to the rolls, as well as the parameters of the "anti-pilling" system;
- two modes of coolant flow optimization: for stabilizing the temperature or heat profile of work rolls;
- automatic control subsystem is under development of rolls cooling at the stage of their warming up with an assessment of thermal cycling stress in rolls and safe mode of the accelerated warming of work rolls of WS HRM.
The design and development is based on modern hardware and software systems, human-machine interface and possibility is provided of remote maintenance. It allowed creation of an innovative control system of work rolls cooling, which provides:
- improvement of the thermal mode of the rolls work with the achievement of specified maximum deviation of the mean bulk temperature;
- increase the wear resistance of rolls and improving the quality of the surface of the finished products;
- increase of work rolls service time and the mill productivity.
Project of rolls cooling control subsystem designed for WS HRM 2000 MMK is under implementation.
MTM offers the services, ensuring the rational exploitation of rolls for hot and cold rolling mills, including scientific and technical audits of existing cooling systems, concept development and design of new cooling systems, as well as the creation and implementation of rolls cooling automatic control for WS HRM.