Intensification cold rolling speeds and the decreasing of average thickness of cold rolled strips in the production plans of the majority of mills have increased the influence of the dynamic and thermal process factors of the quality of produced strips. The main obstacles to achieve the high speed of the process are: the instability of the technological lubricant due to the increased heat produced in the deformation zone and vibration that occur at high speed.
MTM has developed a new automatic vibration control system (AFC) and speed control of the strips cold rolling mill.
Software modules of AFC
- monitor_rt - monitoring of vibration and mill speed control in real time;
- monitor_stat – batch statistical processing of files of vibration;
- monitor_view – viewing and detailed analysis of the file records of vibration.
The main competitive advantages of system:
- implemented the original algorithms to detect a dangerous dynamic situation on the mill by 1-3 seconds before the quick amplification of mill vibration, as well as rolling speed control;
- implemented methods for diagnosing the state of the components of the mill stands and drive lines with a possibility to identify problem elements;
- implemented methods of indirect measurement of the high-frequency strip longitudinal thickness variation, which can not be measured during rolling at high operating speeds by existing gauge meters because of their large response time;
- developed and implemented methods of mill speed control that enable steady rolling process at the highest possible speed;
- implemented methods for correcting the deformation-force parameters of the continuous cold-rolling (online wizard), allowing further increase the rolling speed.
This system operation on an endless cold rolling mill 2030 NLMK has raised the average speed of rolling of thin (0.7 mm) strips by 8-11% without mill vibration, the strip breakages at high speed, appearance of elevated high-frequency longitudinal strip thickness variation and periodic defects on their surface (associated with the vibration of the mill).
MTM offers the comprehensive services that enhance the speed of rolling on continuous and reversible mills for cold rolling of steels and alloys.