MTM has highly qualified scientific and technical personnel in the following subject areas:
- influence of technological factors in the processes of hot rolling, descaling, cold rolling, annealing, tempering and coating on the quality of sheet steel;
- optimization of rolling processes and quality control of sheet metal;
- influence of process parameters of hot, cold rolled strips and tempering on the efficiency, stability and reliability of the equipment of sheet mills and their performance;
- effective methods of creating the optimal temperature and stress state of coiled metal strip in the process of hot, cold rolling and annealing in bell furnaces;
- algorithms, measurement systems and automatic control of strips rolling processes.
Scientific and technical consulting services may be as independent expertise of tender propositions for the
construction of plate rolling plants, individual units and automatic control systems. Based on comparative performance
analysis and forecasting of achieved quality and performance parameters, specialists of MTM
can choose the best option for upgrade.
Also, scientific and technical consulting services can be provided in the preparation or optimization of existing specifications for hot-rolled steel within an enterprise with providing a given level of flatness of cold rolled strips and the distribution of influence on the poor flatness of products between hot and cold rolled steel production units.
Areas of expertise:
- problems of rolled products quality related to the flatness, surface condition, including surface defects of various kinds;
- qualified support for the development of technical and technological tasks;
- analysis and problem solving of mechanical equipment of sheet rolling mills on the basis of modern methods of diagnostics of equipment elements and the drive trains of stands, measuring and analyzing of their vibration;
- conducting scientific and technical audits of technology and equipment of plate rolling plants;
- increasing the efficiency of roll cooling of sheet rolling mills.
Computer simulation tools
Providing of qualified scientific and technical consulting services is supported by the presence of the complex of specialized computer systems developed for engineering calculations and optimization of rolled products production processes, as well as finite element models.
Examples of provided scientific and technical consulting services to enterprises:
- «NLMK» (RF) in the scientific and technical expertise of the construction proposals for reversing mills for strips rolling of high-silicon electrical steel on «NLMK» (RF) and «VIZ-Stal» (RF);
- «NKMZ» (Ukraine) in the preparation of numerous proposals for the reconstruction of rolls cooling systems of WS HRM;
- «Lechler» (Germany) in the evaluation of upgrade variants of rolls cooling systems of sheet rolling mills;
- «Sundwig» (Germany) in the design of reversible cold rolling mills for silicon electrical steel;
- "Module" (Ukraine) in the analysis of the technical characteristics of reversing mill 1500 of cold rolled strips;
- UkrSSEC «Energostal» (Ukraine) in the design of a new sheet rolling production in RF.
On the basis of the developed computer systems and methods of experimental research, the methodology of scientific and technical audits of technology and equipment sheet rolling mills. In particular, as a result of scientific and technical audits of cooling rolls WS HRM 2000 MMK (RF), 2000 NLMK (RF) and the coolant in the cage CCRM 1400 NLMK (RF) has developed proposals to improve their efficiency, which are implemented in an industrial environment.
In the framework of scientific and technical audits of technology and expertise of a number of mills recommendations were developed for improvement of strips production technology of copper and its alloys AZOCM (Ukraine), rational directions of rolling mills modernization were determined, which were the basis for developing a business plan for the modernization of production.
Services are provided in the agreed subject area under the relevant contracts for the providing of scientific and technical consulting services, audits and expertise.